This light-filled front room with views of gardens from every window is the largest of the Main House rooms. Its inviting color palette is ivory, taupe and rose. Rest in the impressive king, four-poster pine bed warmed by the ivory enamel fireplace. A roomy Stickley-style rocking chair, desk, table and chairs provide you places to relax, read, and write. The Moorish-influenced private bathroom – outside the room – has a custom designed corner shower.
Once used by the doctor’s wife, Delia, as her bed-sitting room, Abington is a favorite for longer stays. Except for the four-poster bed, all furniture is original to the house and reflects 1800 – 1920 designs.
- Comphy linens
- DownLite featherbeds and pillows
- Romantic gas fireplace
- Deluxe organic toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Soft cotton and deluxe microfiber robes
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and guest computer
- AC and USB charging ports on nightstand
- Telephone with free domestic calls
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Iron and ironing board
- Detached private bathroom (with large walk-in shower)